CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Things to do before I turn 30!

So I have been thinking about my 30th birthday coming up, yes nearly 365 days away, but still a girl needs to plan. I have decided to come up with a list of things to do before I turn 30. It may be a list I keep adding to as I come up with new ideas. I am definitely going to make them obtainable since money is a factor. 1. GO SKIING, I have never been skiing in my life and have always wanted to try. I actually have brand new skis in our basement wrapped in the cellophane from 6 years ago. Ben bought them for me to teach me and then went ahead and dislocated his shoulder. The next winter I was pregnant and ever since my health has not been good enough. I have decided to throw caution to the wind, strap on some oxygen and ride the slopes. We will see how it goes. I think with our Afflac money we are going to get Cambree some skis as well. Her daddy loves to ski and hasnt been able to with his broken leg so this is really going to be an adventure. We are planning it for when I get out of the hospital. 2. SEE THE MUSICAL WICKED: I am not sure where I will have to go to see it, but I am definitely going to see it. 3. TREAT MYSELF TO A PEDICURE: I know that sounds so dumb, but I have never had a pedicure and have always wanted one. I have had a manicure before and a facial but am just too cheap to get myself one. Ben gave me one once to JCPenney and they brought out one of those clairol foot baths that you can buy at the store so i dont count that. 4. GO TO THE ST. GEORGE TEMPLE: I have always said I would go and never have so I am going to put it on the list so I make myself. 5. There is one other thing I would really like to do, but it all comes with the Lords time and answers to prayers so I am not going to put it on the list but I will know in my heart what it is. 6. GO ON A CRUISE OR GO TO ITALY: this I am not sure is feasible this coming year but it is definitely on my bucket list for sure. Italy is my dream vacation and I would love to do a cruise, doing them as one would be fantastic. 7. SEND MY DAUGHTER OFF TO KINDERGARTEN: I can't believe that this is happening this coming year but I am so excited for her. She just keeps telling me that when she is 5 she gets to go to Kindergarten and when you are in kindergarten you get to paint. I love this little girl. 8. COME UP WITH A MOMMY AND ME GETAWAY TO DO EVERY YEAR JUST THE TWO OF US: I want to come up with something for just Cambree and I to enjoy together. I know that her dad and her will have skiing and I want to have something that we can enjoy. It may just be Disney on ice or something since her dad doesnt love it and it would save on buying him a ticket. Cambree and I love everything Disney! Okay so kind of a lame list for now, but like I said this just entered my mind and it is still a work in progress. If anyone has great ideas they think I would like I would love to hear them .

13 comments:

Janille said...

Great list! I will go to the St. George Temple with you! Quick funny story about that. Yesterday me and my friend that I run with decided that instead of running MWF we would run MF and go to the temple on Wed. morning. Yesterday was wed. but we decided to go this morning to make up for this week. So she picked me up at 5:30 a.m. and we went to the temple for the 6:00 session. Well it turned out that on THURSDAY there was no 6:00 a.m. session. The man at the front desk asked, "for what purpose have you come to the temple?" I thought he was joking. So we got up WAY to early for nothing! Not a good morning!

I hope that things are going okay! It's ALMOST THE WEEKEND!! Does that mean Ben and Cambree will be up? Call me when ever you need me! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

lizzo said...

Ummm....I'll get a pedi with you! I'll come kidnap you from the hospital next week and we'll go! :)

Anonymous said...

Great list!!I highly advise all of them. Wicked is definately my favorite musical. I LOVED IT!! I went by myself in NYC. I sat two rows from the stage and it was magical. I had never really heard what the story line was about, never heard the music, just heard it was wonderful. I bought my tickets and my heart stopped when Defying Gravity was sung.

You also know that Italy is my favorite place in the whole wide world. If you do go there definitely go to Venice is romantic and beautiful!!

I too will go to the St. George temple. It has always been on my list since I got sealed. This temple helped me get through difficult times. I would drive there from Cedar or run there when I lived in St. George and pray on the church lot across from the Temple. I shed more tears there than I have anywhere else.

Anyway great list... I keep trying to get my list down to a small amount but there is always soo much I want to do.

Kellie Glade said...

Em,
Those are some great things to do before you turn 30. I need to start making my own bucket list, so you gave me the inspiration. If you ever need a tag along friend to do any of those things with...I'm here. You for sure need to get a pedi. They are amazing and so relaxing. I have to get one at least once a month starting in the spring through summer. It comes with being a stay-at-home mother :) Love ya girl!

Karole said...

Ya, I have one to add to your list! COME TO ARIZONA AND SEE ME!!! That should be #1, ok maybe not #1 but definitely #2...lol! Cute post, I LOVE it and you can do what ever you put your mind to, so I'm sure you will accomplish them all:) Love ya!!!

Karole said...

BTW---if I would have known you had never had a pedicure I would have taken you a long time ago. We are so going the next time I'm in town!

Parry Family said...

Em, I will definately go to Wicked with you. I heard it was in Colorado or I just could be dreaming that. But I know it is in LA. Love you, Callie

Somer Love said...

Great idea I have a bucket list too! But I think Ill pull 10 things out and complete them by the time I am 30 which is only 5 months away :)

Hope your feeling good and not to bored!

Brian and Amelia said...

Darn it, I'm sorry you are in the hospital again! I love your list, but I don't know if I like it called the bucket list! Just a list of goals. . .and I think they're great! I hope you can go to Italy! I've always wanted to go there, too - but it will be a LONG time for me, if I even get to go! Thank you again for your example and positive outlook on life, I truly look up to you!

TripleCooks said...

Emilee
Sorry to hear that you are in the hospital again. I hope everything goes well and it is just a short stay. Keep your spirits up, I know it is sometimes hard and I have been there too. If you ever need anything give me a call.
Candice

Lyndsay said...

I need to come up with a good list of my own, but for now, I'll just comment on yours:
1. I always feel guilty that I didn't take advantage of the great snow we had nearby in Utah. People here always ask me if I was a skiier. It's a little different if you didn't grow up along the Wasatch Front.
2. Do it.
3. Every once in a while I realize that only a professional can undo the hardships I inflict on my feet.
4. I have never been inside.
5. I'm always curious about these sort of vague things.
6. Go to Italy! It really is SO romantic! I have never been on a cruise, but when Erik was like 11, he went on a cruise and ate cheeseburgers for every meal. He claims he still bears the scars (and fat deposits).
7. Crazy!
8. Good idea.

Whittergirl said...

Ok.. I will totally get a pedicure with you! We should get one the day you get out! Ha ha

Amber! said...

Fun list. I love it! I would love to go pedicuring with you. It is one of my favorite pampering things to do.