CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Oh Cambree

This post is totally dedicated to my beautiful daughter Cambree and the craziness that is her. Everyday is something new with her. Here are a few things that she has said and or done over the past little while. The cutting her hair incident. Ben and I just recently talked about how Cambree has never cut her hair and that she is probably past that point. We were sorely mistaken. The night before we were going to Cancun Cambree was making pictures and got the scissors out which she often does. Cambree: mom, my hair is getting long. Mom: yeah it is getting long (without looking) Cambree: Look mom Cambree is holding a big chunk of hair in her hands Mom: (trying not to laugh) oh that's good I didnt even raise my voice to her and she begins sobbing hysterically. I think she realized what she had done. I had Ben call his cousin to see if she could fix it before we left but she didnt have her scissors with her so my dad was going to take her the next day. Ben explained what we wanted done with it, but I think its hard to explain over the phone and not being there to tell someone. Needless to say there was miscommunication and Cambree's hair is now very short. When I talked to her on the phone she said "it looks like a boy" I think we have told her how cute it is that she is okay with it now, but I am pretty sure she will never be cutting her own hair again. I made her hold her hair for a pic, this was after all the tears were shed. Isnt she stinkin adorable? I look at these pics and really miss her beautiful hair. Here is another funny from her: while in the tub rubbing a loofa on her arm Cambree: "mom, this smooth away is amazing. I dont have any hair on my arms anymore." If any of you have seen the infomercial for smooth away you know what this is. I was shocked that she was so aware. I really need to be careful about commercials and everything with her. She is so observant. Just yesterday Cambree was with my mom and some lady asked her what her name was Cambree: "my name is Cambree, but I wish it were Gabriella." Cambree is obsessed with High School Musical these days. I refuse to ever call her Gabriella. A few months ago our friends Karole and KC were out here with their 2 little boys Braxton and Isaac. We went over to visit with them and let the kids play. When we left Cambree kissed Braxton on the cheek. I reminded her of our no kissing until 20 rule and she laughed. When we got out in the car I said, "Cambree you know you arent supposed to kiss, right?" Cambree: "Well mom you know when Braxton and I are 20 I am sure we will be kissing." Oh boy what do I have to look forward to with this one? And last but certainly not least while learning about the letter X teacher: the letter x doesnt start with very many words, x-ray, xylophone, but it is at the end of a lot of words like box and fox. Cambree turns to my cousins kids, "and the word sex, (turning to mrs. king) right? the word sex ends with x" teacher: yes Cambree that does end with x but we arent going to talk about that right now. When I heard this story I was horrified. I have no idea where she heard it although I am sure it came from tv, not that I let her watch what I watch but I am sure it has been said when I thought she wasnt around, who knows. I felt like the worst mom. Its one of those stories or jokes that you hear that you really never actually hear happen first hand.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just heard the SEX story from my mom. ( Who heard it from Grandma.) I laughed. Cambree doesn't know what it means and that is why I think it is so darn funny.

I believe you really have your hands full but look at her parents? ( I know what did we get ourselves into.)

I hope all is going better. I will give you a jiggle eventually. ( Sorry, I am bit of a slacker)

Annz said...

Love it! That Cambree (or should I say "Gabriella") is quite a funny one. :)
It was good to see you today! Thanks for letting me come. Love ya!

Kellie Glade said...

Oh, the joys of kids. Can you imagine your life without them? I can't! I'm just waiting for Raegan to start talking more and telling me funny things. She is adorable Em! Even if she has a 'boy' haircut now.

Michelle said...

Those stories were so funny. Kids truly are the icing on the cake!

Karole said...

Love the stories...she is such a cutie! Kids are so funny and there will be many more stories to come. I hope you are doing ok and that you are feeling better. Call me tomorrow if you get a chance. Love ya

Ute Family said...

Wow, that last story is hilarious. I wish I could've been there for that one! We love Cambree so much and all the things she says!!!

Amber! said...

That kills me! I laughed so hard at this post!!

ciara said...

Oh wow!! Thanks for the good laugh!! I needed an ab workout. Kids are so darn funny! How are you guys? I have been thinking about you today, thinking that we need to get together and do something, we miss you guys:) Hope all is well!

Mower Family said...

I told Caleb the sex story and we laughed our heads off. I wish the girls were still in gymnastics together... it was fun to see you every week. Thanks for your comment the other day, it really meant a lot. I hope all is well with you and you are feeling better. You are such an amazing person!

lizzo said...

Oh my gosh...I seriously laughed so loud reading this but my favorite was the smooth away!!!!

She is so beautiful and I want to see a picture of her new 'do!

The Johnson's said...

We love her Emilee... she makes me smile every time i'm around her.

Jeff & Marci said...

Oh Em...I tihnk you're raising your "mini me!" She's such a cutie!