CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Memories

Here is a fun little game...Leave a comment on my blog of a memory that you and I have had together. It doesn't matter if you've known me for a short time, or a long time, anything you remember! Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.On your mark...get set...blog your memories!!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started this game... But lets see playing in the irrigation water at the farm, playing in the Sanpitch, telling you the red sweater story and you freaking out, ( made up on the spure of the moment). Sleep overs, bed wetting, soup, ceral, treatments, long talks, hair twisting, sleeping through movies, laughter till our sides hurt, you listening to my horrible stories of my college years, fighting like sisters, our date to Hard Rock Cafe- adn the here after ( hehehe). Cheerleading, staying in your room at State in Cedar City Okay so I have MEMORIES!! I could go on forever-

Janille said...

Emilee, I think the memory that had the biggest impact on me was our Jr. year of High School. I was dating (JM) not the brightest idea. But I remember being in your room and you just flat out told me to get out of that relationship. That hit me hard! Thanks for the advice. It scares me to think what could have happened.

Another awesome memory was when I told you I was pregnant with Madi. You knew the struggles that we had been through. I think out of everyone, you were the most excited for me. I felt the same for you when you got pregnant too!

I LOVE YOU! Thanks so much for your friendship! You truly have had such an example in my life! Thanks Em!

Karole said...

I have to many memories with you to tell...I could go on and on! I think my favorite memory of you is...well let me list a few!

1. In high school you went to a dance club with me...I look back now and think what a good friend because you were totally out of your element. Oh and remember we tried to convert a guy over dinner...lol
2. I almost forgot about this but when you reminded me how could I forget. The day I almost cute off your finger in the paper cutter! OUCH
3. I have a lot of memories but I will end with this one. My FAVORITE memory with you is when you were in the hospital last year. We talked on the phone for hours and finally ended our conversation around midnight. Keep in mind we were having a very serious conversation. We both told each other some very deep things and we even cried during the conversation. I felt sooooo close to you and wanted to take away all your pain and put it onto me. Anyways, the next day you call me and say, "so, I know we talked last night but what did we talk about? I was a little out of it because the doctor gave me some medication to help me sleep." I just started laughing and so did you. Once I started to tell you about our conversation you remembered but you had me scared for awhile.
4. One more....the best thing that ever happened to me was becoming one of your best friends. I love you and look up to you so much. That is what I will always remember about you, your the best friend anyone could ever have!!! love ya

Anonymous said...

What where you doing up at 2 in the morning?

Amber! said...

Hi Em!!! I was excited to see you post on my blog so I am checking out yours!
My first memory of you is when we first met and you corrected me on how to pronounce Teresa's name. I am very careful to say it correctly now!!!
I also remember some of your great dance moves in your living room late at night....I think I actually have a pic of one. It just might show up sometime!

Jacob D. Johnsen said...

Fun game Em! Ok, how about the first time I met you. I believe it was at mine & Erins wedding. You walked up to me when we were taking pictures outside and whispered "I wish I had met you 5 years ago, that way this would be OUR wedding and Ben would be off married to that chick from Snow College"....that was such a fine memory....do you remember that? And I said "Emilee Cox, Benny Boo is one of my best friends, how dare you?" But then again, I had that happen to soooo many different girls that it was something I was used to. Anyway, how are you? Really, how about some of the first times we hung out. I remember going down to that basement apartment you guys lived in in Provo and me working Ben over in ping pong and them him hitting me with the ping pong balls over and over. Then we were driving back from somewhere and we drove by a house and there were these kids standing in front of a bush with a sheet over it and Ben says "oh look...they're playing ghost!" and we all started laughing really hard but it was your trademark laugh where it sounded like a truck running over a tea cup poodle mixed with a smoker dying that was the most hilarious. I think that was the first time we heard you laugh and Erin and I loved it. We love you guys. You are the best. We wish you lived closer. We have so much fun with you nerds. Oh well. Good times.


PS There is also the time you become a felon and stole that cheese grader from a Restaurant that sounds similar to Paul-ive Smarden.

Marlyce said...

I agree with everybody else, lots of good memories, but I'll just go with one. I was actually just telling Rich about this the other day. Remember at Kaika's baptism, you were with Ben and I was with Clint. Some how during the dinner after, you and I got into a fight with Clint and Ben and we ended up sitting by completely different people and enjoying ourselves. Then, we were in the hall talking trash about them and they were in the coat closet listening to everything and they were super mad then. I think we ended up watching a movie at Ben's after, but for some reason I find the whole thing hilarious now.

Oh, and one more, your laugh. Just thinking of your laugh puts a smile on my face, you truly are one in a million.

Stacey said...

Em,
I have lots of fun memories with you too! I rembember being such good friends in middle school. We would sleep over at each others houses all the time. I remember going to provo with your grandma and it was raining really hard and she was swearing. It was so funny. Then we slept over at her house that night and we ate your famous vegetable beef soup! You have always been such a great example to me! I look up to you so much!! You are so awesome. This is a fun thing to do. Oh and I too love your laugh!!

Robinson Gang said...

Em, where do I start? One of my favorite memories of us is sitting on the bridge of Twin Creeks at Fish Lake with our feet in the water and talking forever. Also, when we went to Flordia and managed to go to Disney Land on the "Annual Gay and Lesbian Day" and Aunt Kay took a picture of that cross dresser. What fun times. I love you!

Lyndsay said...

One of my fav memories from freshman year is conspiring to change our roommates for the better--from arranging a way to accidentally remove a unibrow to coming up with faux reasons to encourage showering.
I also have a general memory of you and Ben in our apartment having laughing fits with each other.
When I hear the song "Angel of Mine" it reminds me of you and your car--I think I listened to it a bunch whilst riding in your car.
I also remember your whole milk being immune to poaching in our apartment fridge.

Brian and Amelia said...

Well, I guess I'll just choose a few. One of the first being when I had just barely met you, and you rode back with me from Bear Lake from our work retreat. My A/C died, and it was soooooo hot! It was a long drive, but it didn't seem too long, because we really got to know each other. I treasure that moment - even though the heat was miserable!

I wasn't actually there for this next one, but one of your very first days working at RISE, when you went to sit on your chair, and I can't remember - was it that you fell off it, or missed it completely! I still laugh about that, and wish I'd been there!

Another sweet, sweet memory was when I came to stay with you in the hospital for a day or so just after you had Cambree. You were sweet to bring me down to NICU with you, and let me hold your precious angel. You were so drugged up and tired that you were holding Cambree (sooooo tiny at the time), and trying to feed her, but almost falling off your chair at the same time, because you kept nodding off! I was glad I was there, it scared me to death!

Love you to death, Em! I'm so glad we became friends!
Amelia

Kellie Glade said...

Em~
I don't know if I'll do this game on my blog. Guess I'm scared what comments will be left. Believe it or not I was quite the wild child and still have my moments.

Anyhow, I remember the day I moved into into our apartment the 2nd year down at Snow College and you were the only one that had moved in and I didn't know you. I thought you were gorgeous and so friendly. I regret not getting to know you better than I did...I look back and wonder why I was such a party pooper going to bed early and getting up so early. That was so not me. My fondest memories though were when Ben would come over and get all of us girls laughing so hard we couldn't breath and I loved hearing your laugh...it always made me giggle just hearing it :) Visiting you in the hospital also when Cambree was born and Ben took me to go look at her...what an angel.

Good times!
Love ya,
Kellie

*natalie said...

My first memory of you is when we all took that tumbling class from my sister Jennifer. I got the biggest kick out of you, Annie, and Kevin! But I really got to know you while we were cheering together. I remember when Ben first moved to MP, a few of the girls had crushes but you were just annoyed by him. That didn't last long!

lizzo said...

Oh gosh...how about watching "Friends" every night of our lives and not doing anything else? How about me free-loading rides from Ogden to SLC? How about the time I tracked dog crap all over your future mother-in-laws house (white carpet I believe)? How about being excited to see you in the hospital because it actually meant I got to see you? Good times...

Michelle said...

So many memories. You are friend that just shares part of yourself with everyone you meet. There was the Manti pageant, many of times in your apartment, Fit for Life, and many others. One of my most treasured though is staying the night with you at Primary Children's. We talked and talked. It will always be a cherished memory for me.

Annie said...

Oh, there are so many to choose from! How about that time the cop was after us on my 4-wheeler & we hid at some random person's house & tried to wait him out, then called your Dad to come get us when he wouldn't leave. Little renegades.

Or what about the time we laughed and laughed until chocolate milk squirted out your nose... ok, that was many, many times. Once with rootbeer.

Or the wondrous days of choir. First with Mr. Clark where we had to go out in the hallway for disrupting class and then we'd start disrupting the class FROM the hallway. Heh, heh. Deep down, Mr. Clark was laughing. I know it. Then Mr. Ellefsen's class that we loved, but still had a little too much fun in. ("Did you just FLICK me?!").

And there's always the memory so dear to my heart. The Garfield. You know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and we can't forget all the little things. The days of "Days". Aunt Gemima. BackHandSprings. Tomato soup. Vegetable Beef Soup. And then the younger years of that clown show (Bozo?) & The Price is Right.

Ok. Well, there are obviously way too many memories to put here. I'm so glad we have so many. And many more to come! Love ya.

Parry Family said...

One memory that stands out more than all the others is when the whole fam went to Hawaii. I really think that is the first time I really talked to you and got to know you. Of course all you talked about was Ben, your first kiss with him and him saying he loved you. Hey I was a freshman this was juicy stuff. I always felt a little closer to you after this trip.

Tonee said...

All I can say is that you got a whole lot more memories from people than I did! How fun! I know people love you and look up to you because of all that you have been through and how strong you have been through it all. I too look up to you and honor you and am amazed by you!
Love
Tonee

Amber! said...

Emilee,

So I just changed my blog to invite only. I would love to get your email so I can include you!
amberorme@yahoo.com

Jeff & Marci said...

Em - I don't know if I can only name one memory! The two years at Harrison Heights were so full of memories - how about staying up until all hours of the night helping each other write finals or watching "What Lies Beneath" at Joe's house for Halloween or watching "Friends" every night and then watching "Where The Heart Is" in our room until we fell asleep or me sleep talking or eating at Olive Garden and discovering that the delicious white grape juice is just Welch's or your magical wedding day - oh so many memories!!
Love ya - we need to catch up - P.S. - I'm hoping to move to Utah in a month or so! Yeah!!!
And - I'm also now blogging!

ciara said...

I always remember you being so beautiful and fun! I was a freshman I think when you were a senior-we talked about this at the derby, but anyways, you have always been someone that I've wanted to get to know better, and Im greatful that I've had that opportunity!! Since Kade and I have been married I have gotten to know you a lot better and Im so thankful for that! We've gone to dinners together and hung out with Mike and Jennie! Fun times! And Kade has told me so much about you that I kinda feel like I've grown up with you. I wanted to tell you that I had a blast with you at the derby! I think just spending some time with someone can make you get to know them a lot better too! I loved hanging out with you! We should do that every year!!!

Karole said...

Time for a new post...I need some pics from you! I know you have some from the 24th. I miss you!!!

Kierstyc said...

Lets see....The matching 4th of July outfits that Mom and Dad would buy us? Keeping in mind I have always been about twice your size...No that definetly isn't it. I would have to say that one of my favorite memories of us is the time we went to Lagoon. I met you there and all of the sudden felt sick and couldn't ride anything. What a joke! I look back and laugh. I am so happy that we ended up having the girls at the same time because it has brought us so close. I love you so much Em, I am so thankful that you are my sister.

Whittergirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whittergirl said...

Dear Sister Of Mine...
Would you pleeeeeease update your freakin blog???!!! Being away from my niece for a week at a time is way too long! I need my Cambree fix! At least post a couple pictures or something! Oh.. and of course I love you and Ben and want to know all about whats going on in your lives as well! Love ya!

Kara said...

I remember a note that you slipped into my backpack before I got on the plane to go home to Florida. You told me that you love me like a real sister- not step and you told me that heavenly father is always there for me and that I am never alone. I was so happy and surprised when I found that note. I was crying on the plane because I was sad to leave and it was my first time flying alone. Kiersten was staying out there for college. I was so upset and your note made me feel better! I felt like I was all alone on that plane and you reminded me that I am never alone!

Thanks Em!

I love you sis!