CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My cup runneth over

I absolutley love the movie Hope Floats and love when the grandma says "my cup runneth over" I often feel this way about my life. I have been incredibly blessed with such an amazing husband, and beautiful daughter. It is hard to put into words the love that I have for them. I am sure that all of you feel this way about your spouses and children. Last night as they left from a weekend at the hospital I was so overjoyed with the weekend we had had together. I was sad to have them go but I felt so full of love for them and from them. It definitely isnt easy being in the hospital, Ben does so much while I am gone. He is mom and dad and he does it perfectly. When hospital workers see him lying on the floor next to my bed they all just think he is so awesome. A few have said, "you know most guys wouldnt do that." Yes believe me I know. And then Cambree having her bed in the shower. I know it sounds awful but it works for us. This way the nurses wont bother her when they come in to change my meds. We have just grown accustom to our life in the hospital however often it may be. I know that it effects everyone more than they let on. Cambree is such a happy girl, but when she comes and hugs me for 10 min. after not seeing me all week I know that this is effecting her more than previously thought and it breaks my heart. I always wonder when she is going to realize that other moms don't do this. She is amazing though and is very resiliant. I know I am pretty much rambling but I just wanted to share some of the great things I have been feeling this weekend. I wish I had a camera so I could take a pic of before Ben shows up for the weekend and after. While I am here I get pretty cluttered and the first thing he does is just clean it all up before he even sits down. Then right before he leaves he does the same thing. It is just those little things along with the great things that mean so much to me and show the great love that he has for me. We had such great pillow talk this past weekend. It was awesome. Ben and I as most of you know are talkers, we talk all of the time, but it is those deep conversations that really bring people closer together. I just really enjoyed that time we shared and can't wait to go home.

6 comments:

Ute Family said...

That is the sweetest post I have EVER read. Jake and I always talk about you two and wish that we lived closer because we love you guys so much. We always laugh at the stuff you say. And yes, we all know that you're talkers, but that's what we love about you.

You'll be at the hospital this weekend right? And Ben? We want to come see you again. Fri night? Sat afternoon?

I LOVE Hope Floats also...one of my favorites!!! Romantic comedies are the best aren't they!

Stacey said...

Em,
You amaze me at everything you have gone through!! Cambree and Ben are so lucky to have you in their lives!! Ben is such a great guy too! I hope you get feeling better soon. Please let me know if I can do anything for you!
Love ya!

Karole said...

You are so awesome...I have to say that you deserve so compliments too. First of all you are so positive when you are in the hospital and NEVER complain. You keep going and going despite what you are givin. I can never tell how sick you really are because you are a protector and you don't want anyone to worry about you. I love you so much and want you to know that I look up to you in all you do! Hang in there and let me know if you need anything.

ciara said...

Hi Emilee. I loved this post so much. I love to read the things that you write. Im so glad that we all have blogs to read, because I feel like when we all read about each other that we all grow closer together. Im thankful for your little family in our lives and the example you set for us. I hope you get feeling better. And let us know when you get out of the hospital. :)

Anonymous said...

Em:
What a great post. The love that Ben and you have for each other is one of a kind. Cambree and Ben are lucky that they have you. I am thankful daily for the time we had together at Snow to become closer. You are an inspiration to many and I am very grateful that you are my cousin. I am sorry I haven't visited. Zoe has been really sick and we don't leave the house. I hope you get feeling better. We really do need to get together.

Lyndsay said...

oh i LOVE pillow talk!!
You guys are such an inspiration! I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and you guys all just kind of have this (seeming) nonchalance about your major trials. Reading your blog always gives me such great perspective about life.