Well it turns out that things as usual don't happen the way we expect. I am currently still residing in 2E at the university of utah. I had crazy heart issues on mon and had to move to the 4th floor overnight to have medicine that re-charges my heart and then continues to monitor until the next day. Then on tuesday I had a fever and just felt crappy. I could tell that things werent going in the direction that they needed. My docs wed. came in and told me I was most likely staying longer. Needless to say I was pretty upset. I had called the stake presidency the saturday before to tell them I could speak and he told me that they truly felt like I would be there so they hadnt changed anything on the program. So I said, "well, I will take your word for it." I finished my talk Sunday and all this started happening on Monday and then told I wouldnt be out for the weekend. My dad was coming up this way for business and so I asked him if he could give me a blessing. It was truly an amazing blessing and gave me such peace and comfort beyond explanation O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the atrump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! 2: Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and acome unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth. Not that i view myself as Moroni but I had such amazing experiences yesterday and the joy and the peace and happiness that has yet to leave me and hopefully won't for a long time. it is truly the greatest feeling. I wish that I could explain to people and I pray that I can always remember this feeling to know that I am going to be okay and things are going to start to get better. I pray that I can look back on this day with absolute truth to the things I was told in a blessing and never get discouraged or down but to know as I know now without any reserve that the things the Lord has told me are true. And I pray that becasue i am writing it down that at those times of disrouagemnt I can reflect on how I truly feel now and know that all is how it should be and Satan is the one that wants us to doubt and lose faith. he wants us to doubt just a little so he can sneak in with his craftiness. I pray that I can never doubt agian. But we are human and it does happen. But I will never forget how i felt and the overall love and joy and peace that makes me want to share with everyone so they can feel the same happiness and joy. I am so blessed!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I'm so sad you had a bad weekend! But I'm so glad that through it you were able to have such a great experience. You are such an AMAZING person! I wish I could be there next sunday to hear you speak! I'm positive it will be a powerful meeting! Emilee, know that I am always here if you ever want to talk! I will call you again too! LOVE YA!
That was beautiful! We do need to remember to stay strong and the ultimate goal in life! You are a wonderful strong person!
Wow...what a great attitude. Suddenly my problems aren't so bad!
You're the best!
You amaze me more and more with each entry that you post on this blog! After all that you've been through, you have this incredible faith that is so unshaken, and because of that, you are my hero :) You have more faith and trust in the Lord in that tiny, little body of yours than I will ever have. What a great example you are of someone who has so much to be mad at, yet you always have a smile on your face and are always so positive!! You're awesome!!!
It was visiting for a while today! It's never just us so it was nice!
BTW, Jake and I will be there on Saturday. Just give us a call to let us know what time we should be there. We can't wait!
Well first, you are some kind of special person. I just wanted to let you know that we're thinking about you, praying for you, and hoping you get home soon.
I am going private because it is causing problems with Spence's family. I don't really care who reads it but everything I write about is held against me. Sad to say I am not including his family. ( not that have left me email addresses anyway.) Sad when things come to these measures. I am sorry you have had a bad couple days in the hospital. You faith and the preisthood are great blessings to anyone who uses them. Thanks for reminding us all to actually use what has been bestowed upon us.
Emilee, it was so good to hear from you. I can't believe how much your daughter has grown. I'm sorry to hear that you continue to have health problems, but you are truly an inspiration to us all, and wow, what an amazing testimony. Thank you for sharing....stay strong!
Em,
I hope things are going okay with you. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad weekend too. That is so awesome that your dad could be there to give you a blessing. I don't blame you at all for going privite You DEFINATLY need too! Crazy people!
Once again you simply amaze me by your strength and testimony. I do a lot of doubting even more so that I'm a mother now. I hope you are feeling better than you were at the beginning of the week. Please know you are in my heart and prayers.
Love ya sweet lady,
Kellie
That makes me feel so sad for you. You still cease to amaze me. I wish I had a a sliver of your faith.You are so amazing.I know I have said that before,but I really think so. I hope you are doing better. I'm sorry you weren't able to get out for your talk. I heard Spencer read it,and it was really great. You are in our prayers,I hope you can come home soon
So whatever happened? Did you end up speaking at Stake Conference. I've been thinking a lot about you. I hope things are getting better. We need to get together, soon!
Emilee, we missed you Sunday, but of course we understand- and yet don't understand it at all. It was so great to see Ben, as always. Thanks for letting him go for a few hours to be with us. I want you to know you are in our prayers and would love to help in any way you need us. I'm so sorry to hear you're stuck there longer, what a faithful and valiant woman you are!
Post a Comment